Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Earned My Certificate

In June of 2013 I became the proud owner of a Certificate in Genealogical Research from Boston University's Center for Professional Education.  I had no clue what I was getting into when I signed up for the course!  It was challenging, demanding and occasionally frustrating, but exhilarating and WOW, did it ever teach me a lot.

My style of genealogy research had always been to meander and follow wherever documents led me.  I am good at following trails and have been pretty inventive in my searches, but it was always going to be amateur.  Learning better methods was my original intent, and some where along the way, I started to think about applying for certification as a professional genealogist.  I'm definitely not there yet.  It's my dream to consistently improve my work, and to maintain high standards along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment